Historical context in american literature from the puritan era up until the present era Thank you in advance for the help! From The Puritan Era to the Present Era In the 16th and the 17th C there existed English protestant who was known as the puritans, in the current timespuritan is used to describe the action against pleasure. Puritan had the urge to change the established church within England but nevertheless they faced some hindrances that had them fail in achieving the change. The hindrance was facilitated by England by laws that controlled the practice of religion (Arthur, 59).
1&2. Emerson refutes the act of restricting oneself by the acts that happened in the past and that we should embrace what the present is.
3&4. Romantic and enlightened themes are commonly in creative writing, for instance, fiction might depict the prospect as progression of the world while we have the scientists, writers and artists tend to side romanticism.
6&7.Editha’s view of life is to have all that is good in life, prove them worthy for the good for instance for example her love, in the story she thinks about George, the connection is that when Americas had their intention due to the good that came from Cuba and would affect Americans in terms of economy.
8. at the end of the story we see Edithas view to war is that the face what is facing someone courageously (Arthur, 64).
10. Wright uses poetry, short stories, and novels genre, and he has used this genre to criticize the effects that the transcendental movement had on the world, specifically the American encounter of the world.
11&12. Mama uses the cyborg to define self which is a cybernetic, a hybrid of machine organism, this self-definition define themselves as quilts due to the struggle over science invention and social reality which is just a fantasy.
13 The self has been held up by Mama and Dee with some negative aspects which are that there’s control over self (Arthur, 113).
14. Faulkner indicates human degradation that the compson who is the last born has been symbolized as the epitomse of love and sorrow joy and grief when Benjy symbolizes a foreign family to the mother.
15 Nancy has been described as a central black figure while the narrating children as white who resembles the suppressed African with frustrations of her been silenced in favor of the white children leading to her eventual voicelessnsess this reflects an era of silencing black voices.
16. Dickinson’s poets self-attribute are the connection between the otherness of literally invention the sense reported by many writers that creativity operates partially outside their control.
17. The book of myths in it is a metaphor that means that a lot in its writing can be changed or can be improved, and theres fiction in it.
18. The entity we are used to standing for the females.
19. The speaker uses the scientific description as the natural force that is the nature not human activity and also the inner dome of heaven which one would have thought had fallen after seeing the ice coated trees bend.
20. He uses the cup to describe pain that would befall an individual.
21. Bub transformative experience included the context of the relationship with a blind man and his precise nature.
22. Perennialism is a perspective in religion philosophy viewing each religion traditions as sharing one universal truth on which the basis of all religious knowledge and doctrine has been developed (Arthur, 120).
(1) Visible saints
(3) Irreconcilably divided
(5) Authentic conversion
(7) Principle of separation
(8) Conversion is private
(11) Principle of conformity
(13) Religious tolerance
(14) Look the lens of culture
(16) Visible saints
(18) Reveals the truth.
(20) Sound understanding
(21 capacity to listen,
(23) Irreconcilably divided
(25) Religious tolerance
(26) Communities dissolve
(28) Principle of separation
(31) Collective deliberation
Arthur, Hobson. The Literature of the American People: A Historical and Critical Survey New York: .Ardent Media, 1951.