Locate Collaborating with Families from the IRIS website. Select the ‘Challenge’ balloon to begin the module. After completing the module, choose one of the five discussion topics listed below.
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Iris module | English homework help
Just from $13/Page
- Describe the range of emotions associated with being the parent of a child with special needs. Select two emotional states and describe how you, as a teacher, would work with a parent experiencing these emotions.
- Identify and describe three roles that a parent of a child who has a disability might fulfill that are unlike the roles typically associated with parenting.
- Reese is a young girl with cerebral palsy. Her primary means of mobility is a manual wheelchair, though she is also able to take a few independent steps. Reese’s parents have recently separated and are in the process of divorcing. Reese, her mom, and two older siblings have temporarily relocated and are now living in the upstairs of her grandparents’ house. As a result of the move, Reese has transitioned to a new school. Although her mom is generally very involved with her child’s education, there are currently many stressors in her life. Describe at least two of the stressors, besides divorce, that Reese’s mom might be experiencing and explain how you think they might affect her time and involvement with the school.
- Imagine you are a teacher in Reese’s new school. Describe three ideas you have for building a relationship with Reese’s family and how you would go about making the family feel welcome in your school.
- Imagine that you, as Reese’s new teacher, have just returned from a visit to Reese’s grandparents. During your home visit, Reese’s mother vented about her failed relationship with her husband and the reasons for their divorce. Now the teachers in the teachers’ lounge are pushing you for the juicy details. What is your responsibility in this situation and why?
Must be at least 300 Words
Order your essay today and save 25% with the discount code: THESIS