You will first develop your ideas for your essay using the attached outline (the template document). It can be in a very simple English format( Don’t need to use hard words)The two article are posted as attachment. And the comparison document is also posted. An outline of your ideas will help you establish a focus for your essay and then provide supporting ideas for that focus. Your outline will consist of the following ideas:
Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Outline | Literature homework help
Just from $13/Page
- Introduction: A good introduction needs to get your reader interested in your topic, provide relevant background information for that topic and, in a thesis statement, state the focus of the essay.
- Body Paragraph 1: Begin the first body paragraph with a topic sentence. Then provide adequate and relevant evidence and analysis to support that topic sentence.
- Body Paragraph 2: Begin the second body paragraph with a topic sentence. Then provide adequate and relevant evidence and analysis to support that topic sentence.
- Conclusion: Restate your thesis, sum up the body of your essay, and provide final thoughts about the importance of recognizing different writing styles.
- Review your Comparison/Contrast chart and select two key points (maybe focus and purpose for one of them and the second point would be organization or tone) you want to compare/contrast from the two article read earlier in this unit.
- Take a look at the power point for help
- select you outline
- Start by outlining some general background information for the introduction.
- Develop a thesis sentence at the end of the introduction. The thesis sentence should include the topic, your claim and the main ideas. (For this essay, you only need two main ideas.)
- Example thesis: Despite the differences between the news articles regarding President Obama’s State of the Union Address, the similarities are (main idea one) and (main idea two).
- Write two topic sentences based on the main ideas in your thesis.
- Add supporting details for each main idea topic sentence.
- Develop a conclusion that restates the thesis (in different words), sums up the body of the essay and provides final thoughts about the importance of recognizing different writing styles.
- Add a Works Cited with the citations for both articles at the end of the outline. (Note: You can find MLA 8 citations at the end of each article, but you will need to check the accuracy of each citation.
Order your essay today and save 25% with the discount code: THESIS