Don't use plagiarized sources. Get Your Custom Essay on
Read and answer the following questions:
Just from $13/Page
WEEK 4 HOMEWORK (based on your week 4 assignment, Chapters 4 and 5)
Please answer the following questions in complete sentences.
- What nation is the most affluent highest Gross National Income) on the planet?
- What are the two main ways the government distributes or redistributes wealth?
- Which two occupations did the Social Security Act bar from participation?
- What were at least three benefits of the G.I. Bill?
- Is it the case the “poor whites possess more wealth that well-off blacks?
- Beginning on page 135, list three institutional practices that contribute to today’s wealth disparities.
- Because of the foreclosure crisis, how much of their wealth did Latinx (Hispanic) families lose?
- How did deindustrialization contribute to the U.S. poverty rate? Define that term.
- Has Indian gaming moved most tribes out of poverty? Why or why not?
- What is an ethnic enclave? Give two examples described in your text.
- Why do some West Indian (Caribbean) immigrant parents teach their kids accents?
- In Devah Pager’s experiment, who is more likely to get a call-back, whites with a criminal record or African Americans with no criminal record?
- List four reasons African American and Latino women are more likely to return to collecting welfare than their white counterparts?
- How did U.S. neighborhoods become “racialized”? What was the makeup of Detroit’s housing units in 1947?
- Who was Robert Moses and what did he do in New York to affect housing?
- What is blockbusting?
- Are most U.S. neighborhoods still segregated or have they been successfully integrated?
- Which race/ethnic group is more likely to live in segregated neighborhoods: whites, blacks, Latinos or Asians?
- Which practices do realtors use to keep neighborhoods segregated? What about banks?
- How is the performance of children in school affected by their living in segregated environments?
- What is a colonia?
- What factors contribute to Native Americans’ living on reservations high risk of contracting cancer, diabetes, lung disease, and giving birth to babies with defects?
- Where is Cancer Alley and why is it so named?
Order your essay today and save 25% with the discount code: THESIS